Experienced photographers need not read







Those of you who have been taking pictures for years will find this post very naive and boring, so please do not read.

I have just discovered the pleasures of taking photographs and developing films and I am absolutely over the moon.
I have not tried to develop black and white films with chemicals yet, that will come later. I have however learnt how to feed colour film into the machine - I spent the morning doing that. It is quite easy but a little tricky, since you have to insert your hands in a light proof box, remove the film from the spool, punch a hole into it, mount it on a paper tray and feed it into the machine without being able to look - you have to 'see' with your hands. Later I scanned the negatives and did a little processing with Photoshop to remove dust and adjust levels. I was disappointed that my very first film came out blank - I had three films altogether, one which I used a few months ago and two I recently used in Spain. I knew one would come out with nothing, because I was still trying to learn how to use my Bronica and made lots of mistakes handling it. The others were OK. No great shots but it is a good start.

Now I have a 35 mm Minolta camera until monday and I plan to spend the weekend taking photos, I might do some street photography. I have also unearthed a whole bag of old negatives taken in the 1990s also with a Minolta, I will try and scan some of them. At the time I was travelling through India, so I have some shots of interesting places.
As soon as I finish postprocessing the images taken with the Bronica I will upload a couple. I'd be grateful for some comments and tips.



Model: Enkopte




I am still interested in working with male models. I got some more messages but from people living outside the UK. Now, realistically, I am an amateur photographer still learning my craft. I am not loaded and I am not going to fly people over to model for me. There are millions of people living in London, which is where my home is. I am pretty sure I will be able to find a couple of male models living in this big city...It's great to know that male models are keen to be photographed but let us keep things in perspective!




(All photos taken by me. Bronica GS-1, Reala film, Epson Perfection V700.

Copyright: AlexBPhotography)

Comments

  1. Actually, I think this might be a good read for experienced photographers. I have been shooting pictures since the late sixties. Sometimes I forget that before it was a career it was a joyful and somewhat innocent means to explore the world around me, as well as the world within me. Occasionally, seeing someone like you who is having a similar experience is a reminder that photography should be fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment