Catching up with blogging

Photographer: Nagib-El-Desouky
It's been some days since my last post. I have been incredibly busy and was not home much. I don't like posting from my iPhone, I need a proper laptop at the very least and most importantly, I need my photographs (by me and of me) to upload and I don't normally carry them around with me.
Oh and I lost all my iPhone contacts! I am not good at synching with my computer, in fact I lost the contacts because I downloaded and synched with the latest iPhone OS. So I am retrieving the numbers from old calls but they come up with no names. The upshot of this is that if you get a text message from me asking who you are, no, I have not gone mad. I am just rebuilding my contact list.
I did a photoshoot last weekend with the lovely Dominique who patiently modelled for me. Such a beautiful woman! She has a very dramatic look.
Then I got incredibly busy again with my own modelling - I  am doing another runway show on Sunday, at the Ideal Home exhibition in Earl's Court  (I know, somewhat incongruous, but I have been asked and a job is a job. Love the dress I am modelling by the way, and THANK YOU Angel Sinclair and Models of Diversity for inviting me) - I LOVE runway shows, they give me a chance to dress up (or undress, as it happened with Robyn Coles hats).  And of course I still have to deal with the day job  and my dance therapy course!
Photographer: AlexBPhotography
 I have now decided to train as a Lacanian psychoanalyst, something that will complement my dance therapy, so I have begun - easy, all you have to do is be in analysis, which I am, and attend some seminars, Lacan was not so keen on certificates! It's all in the analysis, really.
Well, maybe not easy, because Lacan is difficult to read and I have to do it in the original French (very rusty but I still have it). But psychoanalysis is exciting. So here I am, nearing the end of a course (no, I have not given it up, I always finish what I have started) and immediately embarking on further training. Julia Kristeva is my role model!
Photographer: AlexBPhotography
For some, jouissance comes from possessing things - a beautiful house, a fast car. It does not do it for me. For one thing, when you die you can't take all the possessions with you! And those people who inherit from you are not necessarily happy with the inheritance - a dear friend of mine is going through probate and is cursing every minute of it, to the point he says he would have preferred not to have to inherit "the bloody house". I can see it in my own family. We are still fighting, some of us very unwillingly, over my father's will, 13 years after he died!
I was glad to get some free time this afternoon. To catch up with blogging, my deviantArt groups, and just enjoying being at home, really. I have a shoot tomorrow and a runway show on sunday so I must sleep early.
Will be back soon...

(Photos modelled by Alex B and Dominique)

Comments