A shoot inspired by Carmen dell'Orefice









Carmen dell'Orefice has to be The Supermodel Ever. I cannot think of anyone else more deserving of that title. She is a legend. Aged 79, she continues to model and has done so since she was 15. An American of Italian and Hungarian descent, Carmen has been inVogue countless times, photographed by the very best photographers of the 20th century and now, the 21st century. Despite her beauty and talent, Carmen has had a most difficult life, full of hardship and heartaches. Who says that beautiful women have it easy?

Carmen's look is unique. She is the epitome of elegance, no one can ever match her. There is something really special about this woman, who does not try to look any younger, who wears her age with a grace and dignity that no one else seems to have.

I have heard her name whispered with awe since I was a child. She is an icon.






What do I have in common with Carmen, apart from the  (false) Italian connection? My long silver hair, cheekbones and an almost aquiline nose.

Suzy Conway, a model now turned photographer, recently approached me for a shoot inspired by Carmen. I hesitated at first then decided to go for it. A good make up and lots of attitude can go a long way. This is how I reinterpreted Carmen's look. For me it was a great honour to be thought of being able to match her looks just a little. I am now on Suzy's website.



(All photos by Suzy Conway and modelled by Alex B)

Comments

  1. Realy, a very beautiful women. I want paint you.
    Sergio Lastres.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment