My condolences

I was about to post again about relationships and dating, but the news of the Oslo mass killings has really shaken me.  I have visited Norway and enjoyed Norwegian hospitality. I did a wonderful shoot with John Erik Setsaas and  Elisabeth Jakobsen in Trondheim last autumn and I treasure the memory of that week in Norway.
My heart goes out to all the  Norwegians and to my Norwegian friends, to whom  I offer my sincerest condolences, hoping that they can get over this tragedy and look to a brighter future.

Photographer: John Erik Setsaas, Modell: myself

Comments

  1. Indeed. Terrorism is just so senseless to me! Even on a purely strategic level, do the terrorists really think that they can make the free world too terrified to fight back? Can they not see that they are doing exactly the opposite, that by killing non-combatants they are making themselves and whatever twisted doctrines they believe to appear horrible in the world's eyes? They've made themselves targets. They've forced people of good will all over the world to join against them.

    Oh, and what a great picture by John Erik Setsaas! You seem an avatar of the Maiden/Mother/Crone, embodying all the Goddess' aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Alex.

    It is terrible. We are all in shock. But everybody also agrees that we will not let his change the Norway we love.

    John

    (PS. Thanks for the comment on the photo, jochanaan )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it seems not to be a "religious" foreign terrorist after all, but a homegrown right-winger a la Jared Loughner (the Tucson shooter) or Dylan and Eric of Columbine High School or Timothy McVeigh. So many things I could say, or wish, or work for--mostly to do with human nature. The only solutions I see are either a Big Brother-like tracking system, which I would abhor, or a truly worldwide spiritual awakening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment