The Sanctuary

No,  I am not talking about the Spa in Covent Garden, even though I really love it and use the products when I can. Last October I was in THE SANCTUARY, an installation/performance by John Casey and at last I got the video link on Youtube. It was fun to do it - you may remember how worried I was about portraying a cult leader. Let me know what you think.


About the bloggers competition: I came second. Yvonne won. Congratulations Yvonne. And of course congratulations Arna and Courtney for being in the competition. We blog in a different way, but there you are, beauty in diversity.
I am quite busy at the moment with Models of Diversity and their fashion show featuring Mature Models only at the Ideal Home Exhibition in March. I have been contacted by my local paper for a feature and I spent half an hour today talking about diversity, inclusion and sustainability.
I am also going to be featured in Woman - I did my first fashion photoshoot for Woman, the one that started it all and now I am back in it.
But it is Models of Diversity that really should be focused on, I love the work they have been doing about changing perceptions of beauty and promoting disabled models. It mirrors the work that has been going on in dance with able bodied/disabled performers. Think of CanDoco  and their pioneering work - this is what hooks me to dance.
Talking of dance, I would like to bring to your attention the magnificent ballet by Angelin Preljocaj, Blanche-Neige (Snow White).  For now enjoy watching some excerpts, I will be discussing the ballet in another post.




Comments

  1. It must have been quite a night at The Sanctuary! :)

    And lovely ballet video! Did they use Mahler's music all the way through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes they did. Thanks for coming by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ballet and Mahler--quite a night in itself! :) Gustav really is one of my favorite composers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment