My fifteen minutes

Photographer: Michael Cheetham

...of fame. I was interviewed by Woman, recently, for a piece that is out this week. I did it because I wanted to push the Models of Diversity agenda.
It is not a bad piece at all, all considered, and the photo they chose to publish is one of my favourites, an image taken by Michael Cheetham on the occasion of a MoD fashion show, in which we all modelled ethical lingerie, three years ago.
The interview is funny, unintentionally so. A bit trashy, a bit sensational, but the point is that it reaches many women who otherwise would not know of the shifts now occurring in the fashion industry and it might make them feel differently about their looks and bodies.
The whole thing is about me being a mature model and starting so late in life with my modelling work. I told the journalist that it was because, truly, I was not interested in modelling when I was younger, I did not even think I was the type.

Photographer: Natalia Lipchanskaya

What I was not too happy about was the plug given, totally unbeknownst to me, to a commercial organisation which operates online and where everyone, for a  fee, can display a portfolio - the point of my interview was to discuss the work of Models of Diversity, but MoD only got a mention in passing. However, it did and at the end of the day, that's what matters.
The piece is written in the first person. What can I say? Always take with a grain of salt what you read about someone in the press, and really, I should take a leaf from supermodel Kate Moss, who never speaks, and whose motto is  'Never complain, never explain'.

Comments

  1. I would love to read your story, but your link only takes me to the magazine's home page. Do you have a link to the story itself? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately it is not available online as people have to but the magazine. I believe you can subscribe and then cancel after downloading? I have asked for a PDF but they have not got back to me yet

      Delete
    2. Perhaps you could scan and post it?

      Delete
    3. Next week once the new issue is out

      Delete

Post a Comment