Christmas gone, new year approaching

Photographer: Steven Harrison Brown. Model: myself
Christmas was yesterday - belated Christmas greetings to everyone who follows and/or reads this blog. Next week the new year begins.
I love Christmas for the opportunity it gives to be or speak with loved ones - are we not lucky in this day of Skype communication? I also understand that people want to make an effort to be together and so this is the time when food is aplenty, even too much of it. People eat and drink to their heart content and it is difficult to say no when delicacies are proffered.
Today I woke up with a slight headache, the result of yesterday's excesses and the only thing that cured it was a session at the gym, usually crowded, but incredibly empty today - I had the pool all to myself!
I was given a great Christmas present - a day at my favourite spa - and will be making use of the gift voucher on New Year's Eve, with an overnight stay in Bath, where I will be visiting the Thermae. I fell in love with Bath when I went there in 2012 as part of the Hysteria tour and it will be good to visit this wonderful city once again and make use of the terrific spa facilities.
Why do it on New Year's Eve? Why not? It is a good way to end 2013 and start the new year, with a thorough cleansing and much pampering.
It has been an eventful year, at a personal level and worldwide.
I feel I am hybernating right now, but I expect to wake up once the new year's celebrations are over.
I did a great shoot with Mark Bigelow last week and it was my first time working with model Ella Rose. I really enjoyed the session, Ella Rose is incredibly talented and beautiful and Mark has a great sense of humour.

Photographer: Mark  Bigelow. Models: myself and Ella Rose

Not much more to say, really. 2013 ended on a very bright note, with one of the pictures of me taken by Steven Harrison Brown being published in Vogue Italia (PhotoVogue). It has also seen my greater involvement with All Walks Beyond the Catwalk.





All Walks : Diversity Now from Lee Jones on Vimeo.

Indeed, what will 2014 bring? I can't wait to find out.

Comments