A visit to Rome




I was in Rome  from Friday to Sunday. I got the chance to wander around the city on my last day, Saturday being a working day for me.
I love the 'eternal city', every time I visit its beauty takes my breath away. Even when it is 34 degrees centigrade and you cannot possibly keep on walking or you will drop dead and even when I end up being seriously overcharged at one of the many eateries by the Trevi fountain - and I am Italian! Still...
I pigged on ice creams, ate too much altogether and drank too much wine, leaving a couple of pounds heavier than when I landed - I shall have to be a little more spartan in my next few days.
I enjoyed wandering through the city centre without having a specific destination, just going everywhere, without a set plan because you know you will find something amazing every time you turn round the corner.


If you have never been to Rome, I suggest you book at once a low cost flight and go. You will be tremendously pleased.
The highlights of my visit were eating an ice cream at Fassi's, gate crashing at a private view of an art exhibition at Palazzo Ferrajoli - so beautiful, I would love to live in a place like that! and buying a bag modelled on the Birkin by Hermès. Yes, I paid far too much for it, the Romans could sell you everything, even their mothers, and make a huge profit,  but it is pretty and very capacious, the kind of bag you want to carry on flights as your hand luggage and yet it looks quite chic.

I stayed at the oldest hotel in Rome and had a magnificent view of the city.
I was truly sorry to leave, but all good things must end.


Arrivederci, Roma!

Comments