Third year blogging and book crossing

Photographer: me
As most of you know I recently entered the Blogger of the Year competition and voting is in full swing. Please do remember to vote for me if you like my blog, voting will close on 31st Jan and the winner will be featured in the February 2013 issue of StarCentral Magazine.
I was away in Italy, in Turin,  when this happened. I answered an ad on Starnow and decided to enter my blog in the voting competition. I was pretty sure it would not be accepted, imagine my surprise when I got the email about my blog having made the voting list.
There were some glitches with the url and the photo of me that had been chosen was not to my liking, as it was way too old, but everything is under control now and yes, I seem to be in second place.
This voting competition comes at the right time: I am now entering my third year blogging and I confess  I was about to wrap it it all up. It is not always easy to keep blogging, there is an offline life that clamours for my attention. But I have to say that I have greatly enjoyed blogging and I will definitely keep it up, now that I have had the honour of being included in this competition. 
Through blogging I have made friends and have also had an opportunity to explore issues and topics that were dear to my heart.
I blog as a model and my posts give me an opportunity to showcase my modelling work and also some of my own photography. But blogging to me is more than an act of PR. It's an opportunity to think aloud and share those thoughts with others. It's an opportunity to make friends. I know I am not always very good at replying to comments, I wish there were more hours in the day for me to be able to be online a little more. 
Therefore I will continue this endeavour. 

Photographer: me

Apart from asking you again to help me and vote for me, today's post is to signal a book I have recently read which I have greatly enjoyed. It's a book I came by through book crossing, the practice of leaving a book you've read in a public place for someone else to pick up. I found it near the local church and out of curiosity I took it and almost immediately got hooked. The book is The Unseen by Katherine Webb, a story set in contemporary times and in the early 1900s, a tale of love, deception and murder. I would not give it five stars, mind you, there were parts of it which did not work too well but overall it was most absorbing.
I have most enjoyed the fact that someone left it there to be picked up, so much so that it has inspired me to join the book crossing movement. I have just entered The Unseen, I am curious to know where it will go next!
Happy reading everyone and happy book crossing!

Comments