Trunks and cold showers

With Darrell. Photo by Hakim Satriyo

A shoot in Norfolk for a local magazine and featuring the Stratton Hotel as its location sparked off an interest in trunks and so off I went to ebay to buy my very own wooden trunk which is meant to be a coffee table but which will simply be, when it gets here next week,  in my bedroom,  storing all my knick knacks. I can't wait for it to arrive!
 I also realised ,while doing that shoot, that storage furniture has its charm - the hotel bedrooms had mesh lockers in place of wardrobes and they were gorgeous! So I got out of my shed some red metal storage shelves I was going to give away and after a good scrub they seem to be fine and can fit  very well in my spare bedroom.

Me as captured by Hakim Satriyo for Tri Handoko

There you are, I have been busy redecorating, getting rid of unwanted stuff and of course, acquiring more.
There was an article in The Guardian recently about Marie Kondo and her philosophy of getting rid of things, rather than investing in storage space. I have read her book and have tried to put her advice into practice but no, it does not work for me. I am still fascinated by storage solutions, in other words, I am still very attached to my things, I am just after better ways of keeping things out of sight.
Some people might find this a little sad, but hey, this is where I am at.
Overall, I feel such a rise in my energy levels, could it be the effect of having begun the cold shower challenge?
Briefly, the cold shower challenge is something you do for thirty days and it involves having a cold shower rather than a warm/hot one. I am doing it slowly, because I start off with hot water and wash with it then at the very end I have that cold water blast which is the most difficult decision ever to make - 1,2,3, deep breath, now - but is , apparently the best thing you can do to your skin, your body  and general well being.
As I have only just started I will monitor this and tell you at the end of my thirty days how it feels. Till then, goodbye and have a wonderful weekend.

PS the pictures here are from shoots I did while in Jakarta. I miss Indonesia, definitely.

Comments